Robert William Edward Romeril
Our Family Trees are a work in progress. Please don't copy and paste unless you check for any inaccuracies. If you do find facts you don't agree with please let us know.
MEMORIES
Whilst researching my family tree I often reflect on the ancestors and history that I remember! My parents moved from Melbourne to Sydney and when I was very young they flew me back alone to visit my grandparents and cousins. I was only about 8 or 9 and flying in the 1950s was quite glamorous - even for a small child. The hostesses were dressed very smartly and you felt quite grown-up, albeit very nervous. And of course I loved Williams Road, Briar Hill. My grandparents spoilt me and I was permitted to set my own rules!!!
Below is a Pedigree Chart for our grandfather, Robert William Edward Romeril m. Josephine Annie Brudus on 15th February, 1919.
Robert 'Bert' Romeril and Annie Brudus at the front of 30 Williams Road, Briar Hill, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Taken in 1966 and taken from a photo album of Sven Stromgren on his visit to Australia. Photo supplied by cousin Peter in Sweden. Sorry if the photo is not too clear as it was emailed and then scanned.
MEMORIES
Whilst researching my family tree I often reflect on the ancestors and history that I remember! My parents moved from Melbourne to Sydney and when I was very young they flew me back alone to visit my grandparents and cousins. I was only about 8 or 9 and flying in the 1950s was quite glamorous - even for a small child. The hostesses were dressed very smartly and you felt quite grown-up, albeit very nervous. And of course I loved Williams Road, Briar Hill. My grandparents spoilt me and I was permitted to set my own rules!!!
Below is a Pedigree Chart for our grandfather, Robert William Edward Romeril m. Josephine Annie Brudus on 15th February, 1919.
Robert 'Bert' Romeril and Annie Brudus at the front of 30 Williams Road, Briar Hill, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Taken in 1966 and taken from a photo album of Sven Stromgren on his visit to Australia. Photo supplied by cousin Peter in Sweden. Sorry if the photo is not too clear as it was emailed and then scanned.

