Generations - and great, great, great Minnah!

Great, Great, Great ancestors through the eyes of a 4 year old!

Whilst growing up, I was fortunate to have regular contact with relatives from both maternal and paternal sides of my family, and had all four grandparents until I was in my twenties. However,  I did not have any contact with great grandparents nor in fact with great aunts/uncles. They never featured in my life and I don't remember anyone talking about them.  It wasn't until I started my family history that I started to not only find them ... but really get to know them ... and like them (well most of them!).

My great granddaughter, Minnah, is 4 1/2 years old and at the age where she is interested in looking at photos of relatives.  We do have a "photo wall" however she loves the ipad at the moment.

Her interest has added a new dimension to my family history as I often have to explain "great aunt/uncle", "great great aunt/uncle", or how fortunate that she had for a time a "great great great uncle"!  I share with her so many stories of the early days of my life and also of the many relatives we have.  Stories I hope she will remember and perhaps pass onto her children.

Some of her comments are priceless - "Wow, Mia, there are lots of our family in heaven, can I visit them!"

On one of our Ancestry afternoons I was showing her the below photos and explaining how lucky she was to have so many "great" people in her life.  

After I had finished explaining to her all these "greats", her comment was

"And now I am great, great, great Minnah!!!"  She sure is.  



Minnah with from top left,  Uncle Bai, Great Uncle Sean, Great great Uncle Tony and Great great great Uncle Jack.








 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert William Edward Romeril - My father by his daughter Dorothy (Dot)

ANZAC DAY 2025_Robert William Edward ROMERIL

1954: Nana Romeril meets her Swedish family